The objective of a Technology Due Diligence is to answer the question does a particular information technology and/or technology company fit
your business needs.
When do you need to do a Technology Due Diligence?
Answer: When your company is considering:
• Acquiring an information technology company or business unit
• Engaging in a co-venture (or joint venture) to develop a new technology solution
service or product/process
• Evaluating your own technology core competencies, product/service line
because you -
- are investigating the possibility of a sale of one of your business units
- want a candid independent evaluation for competitive reasons.
( To bettter understand any potential risk your competitors might present)
• Investing in a major multi-year IT architecture effort and you need an
assesment of the viability of your planned approach
• Responding to an external mandate from either regulatory bodies
(e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley) or a prominent business partner
(e.g. Wal-Mart RFID requirements)